Takumi Taco in Urbanspace Vanderbilt
230 Park Ave, New York, NY 10169
As a part of the Kate & Roselle go to lunch on Thursdays saga, we ended up at Urbanspace Vanderbilt.
I was only going to order tacos and I liked the sound of chipotle shrimp. At first I thought it was 2 tacos for $4.85 (or something like that). But apparently it was only for one so the cashier told me “do you just want the bento it comes with a side salad and a side of your choice?” I suckered in and said yes, the total with tax came out to $12.75. Which is an averge city price for a lunch meal around here.
I asked her what the best side is and she gave me the choice between Japanese rice & beans and this grilled corn salad. I chose the grilled corn salad. I should have went with the rice & beans because the corn salad was a little mediocre for my taste. I think it would have been fine without the corn. But the side salad with just the greens were good because I liked the dressing they’ve splashed on it.
Did I finish my meal? YES. The tacos were amazing! I loved the crunch shell and the chipotle sauce with the shrimp was an amazing combo. I fought hard to finish the corn salad but I did because I didn’t want to waste my $12.75, lol. I’ll try the rice & beans next time.
I love the little baggies they put the food in! (spot my friend’s taco in the back lol)
Here’s a little recipe I made the other day that came out yummy!
CHICKEN WITH GARLIC SAUCE
- 1 package of cubed cut chicken breast (I bought the pre-cut packaged in the grocery store, you can buy chicken breast and cut it yourself)
- 1 cup breading of your choice (I chose italian shake and bake)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 cloves garlic
- green onions (OPTIONAL)
- Take out chicken (chop in cubes if you didn’t buy it pre-cut)
- Mince the garlic
- Combine breading and 1 tsp garlic powder
- Bread the chicken in the breading+powder mix
- Put fire into medium heat
- Pour in oil until it covers the pan
- Fry the chicken until cooked
- Take out the chicken and set aside
- Lower fire to low heat
- Using the same pan, add 1 tsp more oil
- Add the garlic and cook until light brown
- Add the 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp of garlic salt
- Mix the sauce until all are mixed together
- Add the chicken back in and mix until the chicken is soaked in garlic sauce
- If you have green onions, chop em up and add them to the dish!
This recipe is very “tweak-able.” You can adjust it to your own liking!
I love this because it’s so easy yet so tasty! Enjoy cooking and eating this!
are you vegetarian? then substitute the chicken with TOFU!